SMEDIX, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Software Test Engineer with test automation experience who shows initiative towards improving the quality of software solutions for our clients in the medical devices and life science tools industries. This role will demonstrate strong technical leadership within a bioinformatics team working in San Diego. This role will work with Bioinformatics SQA (software quality assurance) engineers and members of the bioinformatics group to ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in an FDA regulated environment.
The role would suit a highly motivated, curious and detail-oriented test engineer with a track record of delivering customer-focused software in a regulated environment. Most importantly you will have an opportunity to be part of a company focused on helping our global healthcare clients deliver software solutions to improve patient care.
Business travel is not expected but the role will be required to work on-site for San Diego-based clients.
· SRS and/or SDS based test cases within a test case management system
· Automated test suite within code repository system
· Software verification reports
· Defects logged in client’s defect management system
· Work independently in cross-functional bioinformatics teams to assist the testing efforts for bioinformatics data analysis software.
· Developing automation test strategies to improve efficiency of manual testing processes and automating test cases using Python.
· Develop, improve, and maintain test automation frameworks and continuous integration pipelines to ensure excellent testing coverage.
· Work with the algorithm development team to understand functional specifications, identify and design test cases for sequence analysis software (internal and 3rd party).
· Execute complex test cases, perform in-depth statistical analysis, and interpret results independently.
· Provide written documentation and specifications of software products and services.
· Develop tools and utilities for Bioinformatics verification and validation.
· 2+ years of hands on experience in test automation
· 1+ years of hands on experience writing automated scripts in Python
· 2+ years of experience in verifying algorithms, workflow or data analysis software
· 1+ years of hands on experience in scripting, running, analyzing, and refining automation frameworks for comprehensive and full application testing, including API testing
· Working experience with Linux environment and Docker
· Excellent organizational and people skills with the ability to work across functions to ensure successful integration testing
· Experience working in an FDA regulated environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent with relevant work experience