Smedix, Inc. is looking for a DevOps engineer who shows initiative towards improving the quality of software solutions for our clients in the medical devices and life science tools industries. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical leadership within a bioinformatics team working in San Diego or Bay Area. Your role will be to work with Bioinformatics scientists, software engineers, and software testers in an Engineering & Development Department to aid in the continuous integration and delivery of various software projects.
Business travel is not expected for this position, but the successful candidate will be required to work on-site for the client should working from home restrictions be lifted sometime during the first 6 months. Before working from home restrictions are lifted, there will be a need to enter the facility about once per week to support the lab setup.
· Work as part of a software development and bioinformatics organization supporting software engineering activities.
· Automate and maintain CI/CD pipelines across software projects.
· Build and provision software images.
· Develop and deploy infrastructure as code.
· Setup and configure Linux and Windows systems on VMs, bare metal servers and the cloud.
· Manage multiple AWS accounts and provide AWS training and support.
· Manage version control and software binary repositories.
· Manage petabytes of scientific data on-prem and in the cloud.
· Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
· Document formal procedures and work instructions for DevOps tools and functions.
· 2+ years of experience developing Bash, Python or Groovy scripts.
· 2+ year of experience using Docker. Solid understanding of containers, registries and microservices.
· 2+ years of experience configuring and operating Linux systems.
· 2+ years of experience using AWS.
· Strong experience with Jenkins CI or other CI systems.
· Strong experience with GitHub or other version control systems.
· Solid understanding of .NET framework and C# language.
· Solid understanding of software test and infosec functions.
· Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and configuration management processes.
· Experience with Agile software development.
· Ability to focus and prioritize effectively while juggling multiple tasks.
· Motivated, team-oriented, takes ownership of assigned tasks.
· Solid verbal and written communication skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field from an accredited university or proven experience in a DevOps role.